Travelling to Bhutan is like traveling back in time. The untouched natural environment and ancient way of life is so peaceful that it will leave you with memories of a lifetime. Feel the wind in your face as you immerse yourself in the magic of beautiful temples and monasteries and authentic traditions of this magical country. The Bhutan bike tour taken will prove to be a paradise while passing through the breathtaking valleys, ridges, quaint villages, chanting of monks and clinking of chimes in the monasteries will surely put you in an awe-struck state of mind.
How to reachTo reach Bhutan within a short span of time you can hire a car and reach within 3 hours and 57 minutes at a distance of 156 kilometres. A travelagencyinJaigaon might be the right choice as they are experts and know the border well. As we all know that Indians do not need visa but an entry permit is necessary for them to enter Bhutan. When you will cross the border, you will be issued an entry permit at Phuentsholing which is only for 7 days for Thimphu and Paro only. With this permit you can only go to Thimphu and Paro but if you want to go to other places in Bhutan you have to get Restricted Area Permit from the Thimphu Immigration Office for those destinations. And if you are planning to extend your days of stay then you have to get the extension permit for the same. All these permits are free of cost and Passport or Voter ID Card is mandatory.
There are 3 ways of getting permit:
- At the Phuentsholing Immigration Office between 9 am to 5 pm
- At the Paro Airport if you are traveling in a flight
- With the help of a registered Bhutanese operator which is chargeable.
Destinations sightseeing in Bhutan:Phuentsholing: This town is a popular commercial centre situated directly at the base of the Himalayan foothills. It is a fascinating place where different ethnic groups mingle especially Indian, Bhutanese and Nepalese.
- Bhutan gate
- Kharbandi Monastery
- Palden Tashi Choling Tsu Lhakhang
- Crocodile Zoo
- Taktsang Lhakhang or Tigerís Nest Monastery
- Chele La Pass
- Rinpung Dzong
- Airport view point
- Drukyel Dzong
- Dungtse Lhakhang
- Druk Choeding Temple
- National Museum
- Memorial Chorten
- Simtokha Dzong
- National Library
- Institute for Zorig Chusum
- Weekend market
- Changangkha Lhakhang
- Buddha Point
Camping in Bhutan:There are many beautiful places for camping in these destinations to explore the wilderness and beauty of the valleys and greenery of Bhutan, Thimphu and Paro. Camping in Bhutan amidst the daunting mountains and the magnificence will let your touring in Bhutan in a better way.
Nearby petrol pump in Bhutan:The nearby petrol pumps for a thrilling complete Bhutan bike tour are:
- Bhutan Oil Distributer, BOD
- BDS Petrol Pump
- BP Petrol Pump
- Bhutan Oil Corporation
- Motithang Petrol Station
- Bharat Petroleum
Bike rental companies and cost of bike in Bhutan:You do not have to worry about your Bhutan bike ride as there are numerous rental companies who provides bike rental in Bhutan for you to have an off-road and plain road bike trip.
- Snow Peak Riderís
- Knight Motors
Accessories needed for the bike trip:
For the safety ride amidst the roads of Bhutan you must have some accessories for a safe ride in Bhutan:
- Riding Jacket
- Riding Gloves
- Saddle bags
- Knee Guards
- Pillion Helmet or Helmet Camera
- Rubber Mat
- Head Gear
- Tank Bag
Safety bike riding tips:There are few bike riding tips you need to know before riding a bike along the windy roads of Bhutan:
- The road conditions are good enough with less traffic so it is easy for you to ride along the trails of Bhutan.
- Bike riding documents are mandatory for you to hire bike for a Bhutan road trip.
- If any damage occurs it will be the sole responsibility of the rider so riding safely is very important.
- Wearing protective cloth and a helmet is a must for the whole ride.
- As the roads are mountainous so you must be aware of the changing weather conditions.