Adorned with majestic views of snow-capped mountains and lavishing beauty of nature, Bhutan is an ideal spot for honeymooners.
Bhutan-‘Paradise for Lovebirds’Bhutan, the last Shangri la, is one of the majestic countries in the world. Astounding landscapes, the green lush valleys, snow-capped mountain peaks, and serene monasteries of this country will make you spellbound. Furthermore, it has the most bewitching forest trails ever explored by man. Honeymoon in Bhutan gives every couple unforgettable experience for the lifetime.
Looking for the Most Romantic honeymoon?Let’s see why you should choose Bhutan as a honeymoon destination-
1. The Country of Happiness!!Bhutan is known to be the happiest country in the world for conserving “Gross National Happiness” (GNH). GNH measures the local people’s quality of life and their interaction with others. Don’t you want to visit such a nation which is famous for its Gross National Happiness?
2. Heaven for the Nature Lovers!!Bhutan is a hub of numerous holy temples, Dzongs, sightseeing places, and high mountain peaks. Different parts of Bhutan are famous for unique attributes-
- Eastern Bhutan – Famous for trekking, natural wonders, historical and cultural tours, and textiles. Mongar, Lheunste, Tashi Yangtze, Trashigang, and Samdrup Jongkhar constitute the eastern part of Bhutan.
- Western Bhutan – Famous for the annual Haa Summer Festival and comprises Thimphu, Paro, Haa, Punakha etc districts of Bhutan.
- Central Bhutan – Famous for many festivals such as the Jampa Lhakhang Tshechu and the Ura Tshechu.
- Southern Bhutan– Comprising of Samtse, Chukha, Dagana, Tsirang, Sarpang, etc districts of Bhutan.
3. A hub Of Unique Things to Do!!Your honeymoon trip to Bhutan is definitely incomplete without enjoying some unique things such as-
- An elephant ride is a must do here to explore colorful hornbills and golden Langur.
- Trek to Tigers’ Nest will take your breath away.
- Dip in Hot Stone Bath for the medical benefits.
- Food tasting at Folk Heritage Museum like Aara and Suja
- Enjoy Mountain Biking for an adventurous soul.
- Explore Kayaking and Rafting
4. Less Tourist Trap in the Country!!It means that you can spend your days climbing, walking sticks in hand, or biking down pristine switchback mountain trails without any hassle. Honeymooners will leave speechless for sure by soaking in the deep spirituality, old world charm and placid ways of living.
5. Spend A Luxurious Stay!!Tourism in Bhutan is very much popular for having numerous affordable hotels, resorts, as well as homestays. The hotels and resorts will provide you with the modern amenities like well-maintained rooms, queen size bed, room heater, minibar, LED TV etc. Where in homestays, you will get the opportunity to connect with the local peoples and taste their homemade dishes. Some popular hotels are-
- Taj Tashi Hotel
- Amankora Hotel
- Le Méridien
- COMO Uma
- Zhiwa Ling Hotel
- Hotel Norbuling
6. Delicious Bhutanese Cuisine with Its Spiciness!!Chilies are the most important part of nearly every dish of Bhutan. It is quite interesting to hear that Bhutanese people would not enjoy a meal that was not spicy. When you are in Bhutan don’t forget to try out Ema Datshi, a stew eaten with red rice. You should also taste Phak Shaa Paa, Momos, Meat dumplings etc.
7. Home to Unique Souvenirs!!It is very obvious while you are traveling to any places, you always like to buy some souvenirs to take back home for your dear ones. Bhutan offers a lot of things to buy such as-
- Handwoven shawls
- Handmade paper
- Prayer wheels
- Jewelry made of silver & gold
- Colorful scarves